The bill variance feature in NetSuite allows the comparison of line items between:
- Item Receipt vs. Vendor Bill
- Purchase order vs. Vendor Bill
To use this tool, you need to enable Advanced Receiving feature.
On an item record, there is a check box under Inventory called "Match Bill to Receipt", this is copied as a column when you enter an item on a Purchase Order. On the item record, you also need to specify which accounts should be used to post the variance (as a journal entry). When a bill is created, a column next to each item with "Match Bill to Receipt" will tell if a variance has been detected. It will either say "No variances", "Journal not posted", or "Journal posted", depending on the case.
To post journals to fix the variance, use Transactions > Purchases/Vendors > Post Vendor Bill Variances.
2 - Disappearing Column Workaround
Sometimes when viewing a Saved Search, the Results columns disappear and you can't edit them.
A simple workaround is to click the "Add Multiple" button, add a random column and your results columns will return. All that's left to do is remove the recently added column.
You can also try clicking the Move Up/Move Down buttons to reset the columns.
3 - How to integrate Google Analytics with NetSuite Webstore
- First, you must have a Google Analytics account with an available profile.
- Create a custom tag named GOOGLYTICS (or whatever name you prefer). Add
<GOOGLYTICS>to the Footer section in the website theme. It really only needs to be someplace on each page, inside the
</body>tags. Your code will look something like this:
- For the Checkout and My Account tabs, replace the GOOGLYTICS tag with the following (this is necessary so users don’t get warnings about insecure content on secure pages. You can also just use the secure version for everything.):
Google Analytics Integration Plan
To track the goals, checkouts and other advanced GA functionnalities, please refer to:
Google Analytics Integration Plan (.doc)