An item group can be selected on a purchase order. It will expand into its individual components once selected. Once received, inventory is only visible for the individual components, not the group itself. You can also select an item group on a sales order and it will expand into its individual componenets once the line is added.
Although an item kit is composed of item members just as an item group, it cannot be selected on a purchase order. The subtle difference is that an item group's price is directly driven by its individual components whilst the kit has its own price that's not driven by its member items cost. An item kit can only be selected on a sales order where it will not expand into its individual components (although there is a setting to display them as line items).
2 - Saved Search "Has Keywords" Tricks
The "Has Keywords" operator can be used to search for multiple keywords, but using the "OR" operator between keywords, it can look for one keyword or the other.
You can also surround a keyword in double quotes if you want to look for exactly that keyword. For example, searching for ball will return ballistic, but "ball" in quotes will not.
3 - Deleting Accounting Periods
Click on the accounting period you have already created, If there is a Delete button, then click on it. If there isn't a Delete button, then use this workaround:
- Create a sub-period with the period you would like to delete (ie, January 2010 under the 2010 year period)
- Once that sub-period is created, click on it and click the Delete button
- The Delete button should now show up on the year period you originally created, click the period and delete it
- Now you should no longer have any periods in 2012.
- Click the Set Up Year button and follow the steps as usual